Last Updated on October 14, 2022
Heart of Deimos Patch Notes – The update is dropping today with huge number of changes, a new frame called Xaku, new infested open-world planet and a lot more.
There’s nothing much to talk about, everyone is excited about the update and the new quest. The patch notes will be posted here shortly.
Heart of Deimos Update 29 Patch Notes
Update #1 – Steve confirmed that the update will be around 3GB.
Heart of Deimos: Update 29
Much awaits you in Update 29: Heart of Deimos. Unveil the secrets of Deimos, Mars’ second moon. Discover what has been shrouded in mystery, hidden from the Origin System, and why this Infested moon has revealed itself only now. You may begin your search in the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Quest, eligible for players who have completed the Earth to Mars Junction.
Tenno beginning their journey in Warframe will now awake to a new cinematic introduction and revised tutorial with the New Player Experience: Tutorial 3.0. If you’ve already awoken, you too can enjoy the refresh by visiting the Codex in your Orbiter.
Xaku – The community-designed Warframe is here! Meet an amalgam of three fallen Warframes from an age past whose pieces were assembled of the Void and reborn as one: Xaku. They call out to you.
The Helminth has arrived, Warframe’s deepest customization system yet. Feed the Helminth to replace your Warframes’ Abilities! To begin the feast, you must earn the Helminth Segment from the Entrati Syndicate within the Heart of Deimos.
As with all Mainlines, we cast a huge web of changes. You may find some placeholder and unfinished features as you explore all that Heart of Deimos has to offer – please let us know if you see anything amiss! Within the Entrati Syndicate there of course exists its own economy, of which we welcome your constructive feedback once you’ve delved into its features.
Enjoy the Heart of Deimos, Tenno!
NEW QUEST: HEART OF DEIMOS
Deimos emerges in Martian orbit, completely overrun by the Infestation… yet among the writhing mass, a distress call comes over a most ancient carrier wave.
A new Quest is available in your Codex, Tenno! The Prerequisite for ‘Heart of Deimos’ is completing the Earth to Mars Junction.
The “Heart of Deimos” Quest will introduce you to the newest Open World. Learn all about the denizens of THE CAMBION DRIFT, and the souls lurking in THE NECRALISK HUB!
If you buy Xaku with Platinum, you will receive a Riven Mod as a quest Reward in addition to the Xaku Blueprint.
NEW OPEN WORLD: CAMBION DRIFT
The Cambion Drift is a dense open world on Mars’ infested moon of DEIMOS that connects to the Necralisk, a new Hub (detailed below). Below this Open World you will find an Underground, the second layer. You can find puzzles and mysteries below, as well as Necramech encounters! The Cambion Drift will be made accessible in the Star Chart once you’ve completed the Heart of Deimos quest.
OPEN WORLD CYCLE: VOME VS. FASS
The Infested moon of Deimos is under a constant war between VOME and FASS. As you play, you’ll watch the feuding siblings reclaim dominance over Deimos and its denizens.
Vome – with her gentle watch.
Fass – with his spiteful anger.
When Vome wins the sibling battle and watches over the Cambion Drift, formidable Infested enemies will lay dormant and you may come across friendly Necramechs on your travels.
When Fass wins the sibling battle and watches over the Cambion Drift, those formidable Infested enemies will rise, and ruined Necramechs will lay silent throughout Cambion Drift. The more you play, the more you’ll discover about their watchful effects!
NEW HUB: NECRALISK
The Necralisk is a Void Research Facility home to the ENTRATI – who you will learn much more about as you play the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Quest. To keep these notes spoiler free, we will simply provide the types of NPC vendors available within the Necralisk! Full services and details can be discovered in game after completing the Heart of Deimos Quest.
The Entrati are the main Syndicate for the new Open World. Within The Entrati, you will be able to ascend the ranks with Entrati Tokens to earn rewards and the respect of this ancient Orokin bloodline.
The Necraloid are the Operator Syndicate within The Necralisk. The War Within is required to access this Syndicate. Within the Necraloid, you will be able to ascend the ranks with Orokin Matrices and earn your very own Necramech and more! You will learn the true nature of THE VOID within the walls of the Necraloid as you progress. (See NECRAMECH section to learn more about the Necraloid Syndicate)
ENTRATI TOKEN SYSTEM:
A key part of Heart of Deimos are the Tokens representing each of the Entrati members. These will be your key to progress throughout the ENTRATI Syndicate in order to gain Standing, and by talking to each Vendor and playing Bounties you can discover all there is to earn!
An important distinction from this Open World vs. others is that, due to the nature of the Entrati’s relationships to one another, we are using a symbolic Token system for all Syndicate Standing. As an example, this means by completing Bounties you will earn ‘Mother Tokens’, that you can redeem for Entrati Standing at any time within your Daily Limits. You can always earn more Mother Tokens than your Daily Standing Cap allows, meaning you can accrue and redeem at times convenient for you! (Read on below to see Daily Standing Cap changes!)
Bounties / Entrati Syndicate Leader: Mother
- All your Entrati Syndicate progress and management needs can be found with Mother!
- All your Bounty access needs can be found with Mother!
Weapons & More:
- All your Entrati weaponry needs can be found with this Entrati member you will meet upon completion of the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Quest!
- Find new Prime Weapon Mods within this Entrati members offerings! See ‘NEW PRIME WEAPON MODS’ section below.
*Infested Kitguns will be offered by this Entrati member in a later Update to Heart of Deimos.
- All your Entrati Fishing needs can be found with this Entrati member you will meet upon completion of the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Quest!
- Here you will be able to cut Deimos Fish for fish parts to use towards this members Token system, crafting, and more.
- All your Entrati Conservation needs can be found with this Entrati member you will meet upon completion of the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Quest!
- Here you will experiment with Revivification (see Revivification section of notes below), and other Experimental Procedures, obtaining Floofs, and more!
- All your Entrati Mining needs can be found with Otak, who you met at TennoCon!
- Here you will be able to exchange Gems and Alloys, and more!
Oddities & Token Exchange:
- All your Entrati Oddities and Token Exchanging needs can be found with this Entrati member you will meet upon completion of the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Quest!
- This Vendor also has some K-Drive Races for you out in the Cambion Drift!
- Here you can acquire Deimos Decorations and all new Deimos Captura Scenes.
NEW BOUNTIES & ISOLATION VAULTS
The Entrati are prepared to give a variety of new Bounty types to worthy Tenno – play them to earn new Rewards (including Xaku’s Components)!
Try out the new Endless Bounty to dig up Deimos rewards to your heart’s content! Simply look for (ENDLESS) in the Bounty Description Title!
Isolation Vaults await you as a part of these Bounties, tread with caution!
Some high-level Bounties will allow you to explore THE UNDERGROUND – a region underneath Deimos with mystery, enemies, and new rewards! Engage with mysterious objects with your Operator, study memory puzzles, and more! The Isolation Vaults are filled with rot and reward!
NEW GAMEPLAY: NECRAMECH
Within the NECRALOID Syndicate, you will access everything you need to get started on building your very own NECRAMECH! You must have completed The War Within Quest to access this content.
In HEART OF DEIMOS, we are launching 1 NECRAMECH, found in the NECRALOID Syndicate! It is fully colour customizable, has 4 Unique Abilities (like a Warframe) and can be summoned for Transference via the NECRAMECH SUMMON Gear Item for use in ANY Open World! The Necramech Summon Gear Item is awarded upon crafting your first Necramech!
*An additional Mech will be offered by this Entrati member in a later Update to Heart of Deimos.
Meet the Necramech:
NECRAMECH – as seen at TennoCon! Play the Heart of Deimos Quest to learn more about these machines.
*Find the Necramech Blueprint as well as its Components from the Necraloid Syndicate.
Ability 1: Necraweb
Hurl a canister of graviton fluids to create a wide mire that will significantly slow enemies travelling across it. Alternatively, the canister can be shot in mid-air to create a fiery conflagration.
Ability 2: Storm Shroud
Swathe the Necramech in a powerful electrical field that greatly enhances survivability in close combat. Enemies that strike the shroud will suffer for their impudence.
Ability 3: Gravemines
Launch a pattern of charged mines all around you. Each mine detonates in a violent blast when touched, damaging enemies in a three-meter radius.
Ability 4: Guard Mode
Take a stationary stance to deploy maximum firepower and gain increased structural integrity for a time.
Necramech is compatible with Arch Guns with Gravimags installed!
You will be able to Mod your very own Necramech using the 16 new Mods, obtained as drops from slain Necramechs.
Visit warframe.com/droptables for all your drop inquiries!
These 16 Necramech Mods are a mix of familiar Warframe Mods (Necramech Stretch, Necramech Intensify, Necramech Vitality, etc) as well as new Mod types specifically for the Necramech (Necramech Thrusters, Necramech Blitz, Necramech Refuel, etc).
NEW WEAPONRY: NECRAMECH WEAPONS
Both the Cortege and Mausolon can also be used as Arch Guns!
An ancient weapon designed by the Entrati for use by their Necramechs. Primary fire siphons life essence from the target to fuel a devastating Alt Fire. A heavy flamethrower with surprising range. Alt fire launches three projectiles in a fan pattern that explode, leaving a damaging area of effect for a short duration.
*Find the Cortege Blueprint as well as its Components from the Necraloid Syndicate.
MAUSOLON (given with first built Necramech)
An ancient weapon designed by the Entrati for use by their Necramechs. Primary fire siphons life essence from the target to fuel a devastating Alt Fire. Punishing automatic primary fire and an alt more that charges up to unleash a destructive beam of energy with a large explosion at point of impact.
*As outlined in a recent Dev Workshop, all new weapons in the update are starting with a minimum Riven disposition of 0.5. This includes the new Archgun weapons, Mausolon and Cortege. Archgun Riven dispositions have not been rebalanced in the past, but they will be included in our quarterly changes going forward, starting with the next Prime Access!
VELOCIPOD – LIVING K-DRIVES
Scattered around the Cambion Drift are new passive creatures known as Velocipods. While they are flighty, if you manage to catch one and mount it you can pilot one like a temporary, organic K-Drive! You will be able to shoot from the back of a Velocipod, just like any other K-Drive! You can also choose to Conserve these creatures with the Tranq Rifle you acquired on your journey through Fortuna!
These Solitary predators return to the same partners each mating season, meeting up in the Swamp. Other times of the year, they disperse across the Cambion Drift. There are three subspecies of Predasites you can encounter in the wild. These subspecies, when captured, can be “Revivificated” into companions at the Conservation Vendor in the Necralisk. Learn more about Predasite companion creation in the “New Infested Companions” section below.
These scavengers roam in small packs, picking at the remains that larger predators have left behind. There are three subspecies of Vulpaphyla you can encounter in the wild. These subspecies, when captured, can be “Revivificated” into companions at the Conservation Vendor in the Necralisk. Learn more about Vulpaphyla companion creation in the “New Infested Companions” section below.
This winged Cambion Drift creature can be found clinging to the walls in groups, or seen flying overhead. A patient approach is best, as they are quick to flee if startled. There are three subspecies of Avichaea you can encounter in the wild.
These burrowing critters can occasionally be found near the Infested plants that grow from the fleshy landscape of the Cambion Drift. There are three subspecies of Cryptilex you can encounter in the wild.
*Each of these species have unique variants – find them all!
Fishing on an Infested planet has some new challenges! Fish can be found flying (yes, flying) around the Cambion Drift, and come in a variety of flavors. Some fish will only be present during the Fass and Vome cycles and have various rarities!
Bait: Each time Fass and Vome duel in the Cambion Drift, the losing Wyrm’s body will scatter the landscape with its own Residue. Both the Fass Residue and Vome Residue can be picked up and used as Bait for the Infested Fish, using the Fishing Menu! Like with previous fishing systems, drop the Reside into the “water” and wait for the Fish to appear.
See the list of Fish below to learn more about each of the Infested Fish of Deimos and how some Fish only react to certain Residue. Visit the Entrati Syndicate Fishing member within the Necralisk to master the art of Infested Fishing!
Once you have completed the Heart of Deimos Quest, a new vendor will be able to provide you with the Spari Spear, as well as provide a location to turn in Fish for fish parts. The Fish on Deimos are unique creatures, so make sure you have the right equipment!
- Duroid – A living fossil hearkening back to the Orokin era, this elusive fish hides below the surface of Exocrine pools in the deepest caverns it can find.
- Aquapulmo – These fish were purposefully contaminated with the Infestation as an Entrati ‘experiment’. They feed off the organic deposits in cave systems.
- Kymaeros – The Infestation has suborned these fish to its own purposes, using them as antibodies in the Exocrine to repel the non-Infested. They swim through the cavernous arteries of Deimos.
- Chondricord – A triumph of Orokin bio-engineering, these hardy fish have adapted to the Deimos environment and seem oddly resistant to Infestation. They thrive in cave environments.
- Vitreospina – Whatever higher functions this fish once had have been consumed, leaving it a mere automaton of metal and flesh. It ekes out a primitive existence in cave systems.
- Barbisteo – As ravenous as the Infestation itself, this fish feeds on the remains of others. It shuns the light, preferring an enclosed cave environment.
- Myxostomata – This exceptionally rare breed of fish is almost extinct, as its gilded Orokin flesh has a special savor for predators. It warily conceals itself in caves.
- Ostimyr – Crammed with redundant, mutated internal organs, this pungent fish is highly sought after. It only emerges from surface pools in the light of the Wyrm Vome.
- Cryptosuctus – Formerly Orokin scavengers, these fish succumbed to the Infestation long ago and now greedily feast on floating spores. They are found all over the surface of Deimos.
- Glutinox – These hefty fish are cannibalistic. They rise by Vome’s light to absorb rare gases, retreating when Fass ascends to devour their smaller kin in their lairs.
- Amniophysi – These fish hatch out of translucent pods formed in the Infested landscape itself. The radiance of Fass stirs them into activity.
NEW INFESTED RESOURCES
HARVESTING THE CAMBION DRIFT
The Cambion Drift has a whole collection of new Resources to earn as you explore and delve into the Heart of Deimos. Unlike the more “natural” Resources of the Plains of Eidolon or the Orb Vallis, the Cambion Drift is a living, breathing landscape with a whole collection of Infested goodies to gather! Visit the Mining Entrati Syndicate member to learn more!
- Faceted Tiametrite – Common
- Purged Dagonic – Common
- Purified Heciphron – Uncommon
- Stellated Necrathene – Rare
- Trapezium Xenorhast – Legendary
- Cabochon Embolos – Legendary
- Adramal Alloy – Common
- Tempered Bapholite – Common
- Devolved Namalon – Uncommon
- Thaumic Distillate – Rare
NEW INFESTED COMPANIONS – REVIVIFICATION
The Cambion Drift is a hostile world. Even though several native species have adapted to surviving amongst the rampant Infestation, they still fall prey to it and its attacks. The Vulpaphyla and Predasite are no exception and are threatened by its vicious nature. You can save these Conservation creatures by wrangling them from the wild Infested landscape so that they may be treated at the Necralisk hub. There, you can assist in the administering of treatment and “Revivificate” them into Companions.
*Please note Infested Companion Imprints will come in another Update.
Here’s how it works:
First you must tranq and capture a Vulpaphyla or Presadite in a wounded state (creatures affected will have a certain glow to them after they have been wounded by the Infested). You must encounter these creatures while they are infected and tranq it before it loses its battle with the Infested. The captured Vulpaphyla or Presadite is then transported to the Necralisk.
Without intervention, these creatures are likely to succumb to the Infestation. Return to the Necralisk and speak to the Conversation Vendor to treat them with a mix of Mutagens and Antigens to heal it of its ailments.
Visit the Conservation Vendor and select “Vulpaphyla/Presadite Revivification” to get started in restoring the creature. There are three elements that will bring the creature to a restored state so that they may fight alongside you. The options available in these categories will determine the characteristics of your new Infested Companion:
- Breed: The Wounded Vulpaphylas and Presadites you have saved will appear here for selection. The subspecies of the beast determines its physical appearance, base stats, and precepts.
- Mutagen: Adapts the Infestation to grant certain types of resistances. Side effects of the Mutagens include altering of the look of the tail.
- Antigen: Attunes the Infestation to certain polarities (Vazarin, Naramon, Madurai, and Penjaga). Side effects of the Antigen include various physical alterations.
Mutagens and Antigens can be purchased from the Conservation Vendor in Necralisk.
3. Keep or Release
After you have successfully saved the creature, you have the option to either keep or release it. Keeping the creature will make it available as a trusty Companion, while releasing the creature will put it back into the wild for a Standing gain with the Entrati.
NEW INFESTED ENEMIES
The DEIMOS creatures roaming the Cambion Drift feast on anything foolish enough to enter their desolate landscape. Fear the scuttling terror of the Deimos Carnis, the powerful slam of the Deimos Saxum and the subterranean terror of the Deimos Jugulus. With many legs and fearsome appetites, these infested creatures are waiting to devour any unwary Tenno that may cross their path!
NEW INFESTED ENEMY MOD SETS:
Three new Mod Sets are here! The Saxum, Jugulus, and Carnis Mod Sets can be acquired from the Cambion Drift Bounty Rewards or from respective Infested enemies in the Cambion Drift.
Saxum Mod Set:
- Saxum Carapace (Warframe): +60 Armor, +90% Health.
- Saxum Splittle (Pistol): +90% Impact, +60% Status Chance.
- Saxum Thorax (Melee): +90% Impact, +60% Status Chance.
- Set Bonus (when all equipped): Lifted enemies explode on death dealing 30% Enemy Max Health as Impact Damage in a 6m radius.
Jugulus Mod Set:
- Jugulus Carapace (Warframe): +90% Armor, +60 Health.
- Jugulus Spines (Pistol): +90% Puncture, +60% Status Chance.
- Jugulus Barbs (Melee): +90% Puncture, +60% Status Chance.
- Set Bonus (when all equipped): Heavy Slam attacks manifest tendrils that skewer enemies within 10m, dealing 75 Puncture Damage and stunning them for 3s. Cooldown: 6s.
Carnis Mod Set:
- Carnis Carapace (Warframe): +60% Armor, +90% Health.
- Carnis Stinger (Pistol): +90% Slash, +60% Status Chance.
- Carnis Mandible (Melee): +90% Slash, +60% Status Chance.
- Set Bonus (when all equipped): Killing an enemy with a Heavy Attack grants 30% Evasion and immunity to Status Effects for 6s.
NEW ENTRATI WEAPONS
An ancient weapon designed by the Entrati. This heavy, oversized automatic rifle uses withering fire to suck vital essence from its enemies, charging up a devastating alt-fire arcing projectile with each successful hit.
*Acquire the Blueprints and Components for the Trumna from the Entrati Syndicate Weapons member!
An ancient Entrati double-barreled pistol delivers twin projectiles that explode on impact. With each hit, siphon vital essence from enemies to charge up a deadly lock-on alt-fire attack.
*Acquire the Blueprints and Components for the Sepulcrum from the Entrati Syndicate Weapons member!
NEW GAMEPLAY SYSTEM: THE HELMINTH
REVIEW OUR FULL DEV WORKSHOP HERE: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212921-the-helminth-dev-workshop
Customize your Warframe’s Abilities at a depth never experienced before in Warframe! Introducing THE HELMINTH.
The Helminth System is an expansion of the Helminth room on your Orbiter – you may only know this room as an infested space that allows you to remove the Helminth Cyst. With the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Update, that’s all changing. The Helminth system enables you to customize your Warframes by infusing new Abilities in place of existing Abilities.
Once you’ve unlocked The Helminth System, you can fast travel to the Helminth Infirmary under the Equipment pause menu!
How does it work?
To participate in the Helminth, you must obtain the ‘Helminth Segment’. This is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate Conservation member (once you are Rank 3 with Entrati) and is then crafted and installed on your Orbiter in the Helminth Room to begin your Helminth journey!
Once ready, there are 2 key things this System offers:
– You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.
– Every Warframe can be Subsumed to permanently provide 1 specific Ability to Helminth.
Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 8 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experience players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.
What are Resources / Secretions?
Virtually every Resource you’ve ever earned can be fed to Helminth – your stockpiles have a new home! This Feeding creates SECRETIONS, which allow you to utilize the Helminth for Ability customization.
Helminth has a diverse appetite – make sure you feed Helminth Resources they want to eat to get the best Secretion results! Your choices on what you’ve fed Helminth will determine its willingness to reward secretions – change it up for best results!
Infused Abilities are removable with the click of a button – they will stay within a given Warframe as long as you decide you want it!
Subsuming a Warframe is permanent – only Subsume Warframes you are sure you do not want to play with. You can always re-earn or re-buy a subsumed Warframe.
Do Configurations matter?
You can deeply customize by only replacing Abilities on certain Configurations, as seen in the Demo! But we would like to expand this further to demonstrate just how deep you can go.
You can have 1 different Ability infused PER config!
So if you have Excalibur in the chair – you could put Shock on Configuration A, Molt on Configuration B, and Firewalker on Configuration C!
For example, if you wanted Shock applied to Excalibur on Configuration A but wanted Configuration B and Configuration C to stay default with Slash Dash, you can do so!
What does Ranking Helminth do?
As you feed and use the Helminth system, you will rank up! Each Rank unlocks something different – from a new power, to more Subsume Slots (max Rank Helminth = unlimited Subsume Slots), make sure you progress through the Ranks by regularly Feeding Helminth, Subsuming, and Infusing your Warframes!
What are the Helminth Abilities?
Helminth Provides unique abilities of their own:
“Increase the strength of your next Ability use.”
“Increase the efficiency of your Ammo consumption.”
“Increase your parkour velocity.”
“MARKED FOR DEATH”
“Stun an enemy; a portion of the next damage you deal to it will be dealt to all enemies around it.”
“Instantly restore your shields.”
“Automatically succeed at your next hack attempt.”
“Heal your companion and call it to your side.”
“Affect enemies in a cone, removing any Bleed and Poison status from them and dealing any remaining damage not yet suffered in a single burst.”
What is Subsuming?
In addition to Helminth’s own Abilities, you can Subsume a Warframe to obtain 1 specific Ability permanently in Helminth’s memory (list below). We do not allow the Subsuming of any Prime Warframes, but you can Infuse Abilities on Prime Warframes! Warframes can be Subsumed at any Rank (do not need to be Rank 30).
What is Infusion?
Infusion is the process of injecting a Warframe with an Ability – whether it be one of Helminth’s own, or another Warframes. Every Warframe can receive 1 Infused ability at a time in any Ability slot (i.e you could place Shock on any of the 4 Ability slots).
What is Subsuming?
Subsuming is the act of permanently providing a base Warframe into the Helminth’s biology. 1 Warframe can be subsumed every 24 hours.
What Abilities are earned on Subsuming a Warframe?
The following table outlines the current Ability a given Warframe will provide on the Subsume action.
|Atlas||Petrify||Ore Gaze||We will not create Rubble.|
|Chroma||Elemental Ward||Everlasting Ward|
|Ember||Fire Blast||Healing Flame|
|Equinox||Rest & Rage||Calm & Frenzy||We will use Rest or Rage depending on your Energy Colour.|
|Excalibur||Radial Blind||Radiant Finish|
|Frost||Ice Wave||Ice Wave Impede|
|Grendel||Nourish||n/a||Keeps the heal and give Nourish Strike only.|
|Hildryn||Pillage||Blazing Pillage||Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield.|
|Hydroid||Tempest Barrage||Corroding Barrage|
|Ivara||Quiver||Empowered Quiver||Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire.|
|Limbo||Banish||Rift Haven||Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift.|
|Mesa||Shooting Gallery||Muzzle Flash|
|Mirage||Eclipse||Total Eclipse||Diminished Damage increase to 150% and cap Damage Reduction 75%. (Unmodded value)|
|Nezha||Fire Walker||Pyroclastic Flow|
|Nidus||Larva||Larva Burst||Radius reduced to 8m. (Unmodded value)|
|Nova||Null Star||Neutron Star|
|Nyx||Mind Control||Mind Freak|
|Protea||Dispensary||n/a||Duration reduced 12 seconds. (Unmodded value)|
|Rhino||Roar||Piercing Roar||Diminished Damage increase 30% (Unmodded value)|
|Trinity||Well Of Life||Pool of Life||Base Ability Buffed – Now does small amount of heal over time over a large range. If you hit the enemy, a % of the damage dealt gets converted into AoE heal.|
|Valkyr||Warcry||Eternal War||Attack speed increase reduced 30%. (Unmodded value)|
|Vauban||Tesla Nervos||Tesla Bank|
|Wukong||Defy||n/a||Armor capped at 750. (Unmodded value)|
|Zephyr||Airburst||n/a||Base Ability Buffed – now has a HOLD or TAP functionality. HOLD to receive original functionality. TAP to suck enemies in a wind Vortex.|
Why do some Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and our own play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.
What are my safeguards?
Since you can remove an Ability at any time with the click of a button, you’ll be able to safely experiment with many creative combinations.
For example, if you replace Grendel’s ‘1’, your kit doesn’t really work! If you change around or re-assign Abilities already assigned to Railjack Tactical use, you simply may not have one, or have a new one in its place! If you put Hildryn’s PIllage on Inaros, you don’t get Shields, but you do get diminished Armor/Shields on enemies on cast.
It’s all up to you – have fun experimenting, Tenno!
What about Damage buffing Abilities?
As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say – Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes.
What exactly is going on here with the Warframe Subsuming?
Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor.
Is ‘Helminth’ a permanent name?
Don’t like it? You can rename your Helminth at any time!
Is Helminth a Cat or Dog ‘Person’?
Well, you’ll find out…
COMMUNITY CREATED WARFRAME: XAKU
Neither he nor she, Xaku is a composite…. A Warframe assembly made of others lost in the early Entrati Void expeditions. Xaku has mastered this power of the Void to terrify and bewilder their adversaries.
Since XAKU is a community Warframe, we will be doing a concerted second Phase of ability tweaks that is based on feedback on all platforms to ensure there are revisions from the community’s experiences. We will discuss this in a Dev Workshop as we get your feedback on our desks!
25% chance for incoming weapon damage to pass through Xaku completely.
Wield Void Damage for all attacks from equipped weapons when activated.
GRASP OF LOHK
Void Tendrils steal weapons from nearby enemies to use as your own floating, auto-targeting armament.
Cycle through and cast one of the three abilities originating from the Warframes that make up Xaku: Accuse, Gaze, and Deny. Cycle through them by tapping, and hold to cast.
ACCUSE – Create a radial fissure for a limited time that corrupts enemies who walk within its radius to fight alongside Xaku.
GAZE – Xaku releases a scream of the many voices within to lock up to two target enemies in place with a Void tendrils cage. Enemies who enter the radius of the trapped victims will have their Armor or Shields reduced.
DENY – Xaku fires a beam that deals Void damage and can clear Sentient damage resistances. Enemies that survive the blow are suspended in the air.
THE VAST UNTIME
Temporarily shed the outer pieces of Xaku in a destructive blast, then stalk the battlefield in a new swifter skeletal form. Enemies damaged by the body shrapnel are rendered weaker to Void damage. While Xaku is in their skeletal form, they have 75% damage reduction and increased mobility. Recast at any time to bring Xaku back together again.
- Similarly to Equinox, a toggle is available in the Arsenal to see Xaku in their “The Vast Untime” form.
Xaku arrives from the Void as a strange and enigmatic new force. Includes the Xaku Warframe, Xaku Kintsu Helmet, Artifex Syandana, and Quassus Warfan. Also includes 3-Day Affinity and Credit Boosters.
XAKU KINTSU ALT HELMET
Xaku cuts a unique profile in this distinctive Alt Helmet assembled from the remains of several other, less fortunate Warframes. Concept art and sculpt of the Xaku Kintsu Alt Helmet was made by community TennoGen Artist Faven.
This techno-organic Syandana fits over the shoulder, giving your Warframe a unique spiked silhouette. A signature Syandana for Xaku. Concept art for the Artifex Syandana was made by community fan artist Karu.
Flick away the enemy with this heavy Warfan. The Quassus scatters ethereal daggers that are even more deadly accurate when wielded by Xaku, their signature weapon. Concept art for the Quassus Warfan was made by fan artist Kedemel.
*Find the Quassus in the Market or the Blueprint in Entrati Bounties.https://www.youtube.com/embed/FX-fwFXYmn0?feature=oembed
NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE: REVAMPED TUTORIAL
Tenno beginning their journey in Warframe will now awake to a new cinematic introduction and revised Tutorial.
Warframe’s new Tutorial continues the story introduced in the cinematic directed by Dan Trachtenberg. Elements that have become central to Warframe’s core gameplay, like bullet jumping, are now part of the tutorial. Traverse the Plains of Eidolon to escape Captain Vor and begin your quest to uncover forgotten memories!
*Tenno who have already played through the Tutorial can play through the refreshed version by visiting the Codex Quest section under a new name ‘Awakening’ (also replayable)!
For a while, we have received periodic requests to make weapons functional on K-Drives, and as a result, we have made Secondary Weapons usable while you glide in style! Please note that weapons are only usable when your K-Drive is on the ground, and will be stowed when jumping, doing flips, grinding, and other glinty maneuvers!
Mounting your K-Drive will appear as normal until you press the binding to equip your Secondary (default F key). Press again to put it away and do those sick moves.
NEW K-DRIVE MODS
With the expansion of K-Drive functionality, we have introduced some new K-Drive Mods for you to use! Roky in Fortuna will have all of these new wares to exchange for Ventkids Standing, so make sure you pay the Ventkids a visit!
- Primo Flair – Increase Maximum Trick combo to 6000.
- Bomb The Landin – Tap and Hold Grind in the air to execute a 20m Slam Shockwave.
- Juice – Executing tricks charges Energy: 55 Energy per 100 Trick Points.
- Vapor Trail – Add 10 Boost Speed. Consumes 10 Energy/s.
NEW PRIME WEAPON MODS
Bhisaj-Bal – Restore 300 Health for every 3 Status Effects. +90% Status Chance.
Zazvat-Kar – +75% Ammo Efficiency while Airborne
Hata-Satya – Each hit increases Critical Chance by 1.2% (capped at 500%). Resets upon reloading or holstering.
Damzav-Vati – +240% viral damage
*Find these new Prime Weapon Mods from the Weapon Entrati Syndicate member within the Necralisk!
NEW MARKET ITEMS
DEIMOS INFESTED BUNDLE
You are pestilence and plague with the Deimos Infested Bundle. Includes the Zymos Pistol, Keratinos Claws, and Sordario Syandana.
Infect your foes with this spore-scattering pistol. Head shots burrow in and explode, releasing spore clouds that seek our nearby enemies.
*Find the Zymos Blueprint and its components from within the Entrati Syndicate!
Leave your mark with these infected claws with increased heavy attack range.
*Find the Keratinos Blueprint and its components from within the Entrati Syndicate!
Pulsing with a bioluminescent glow, this Syandana is eye-catchingly contagious.
HYDROID RAKKAM COLLECTION
Enter the fray in your swashbuckling finest with the Rakkam Collection. Includes the Hydroid Rakkam Skin (Hydroid’s Tentacle Swarm Kraken also gets to enjoy a new Deluxe look when the skin is equipped), Carcinus Speargun Skin, and Scyph Diriga Skin and accessories for your Sentinel. Also includes the Burangara Longcoat Auxiliary attachment for Hydroid.
HYDROID RAKKAM SKIN
Flowing finery that allows ease of movement in the heat of battle. Hydroid’s Tentacle Swarm Kraken also gets to enjoy a new Deluxe look when the skin is equipped. Also includes the Burangara Longcoat Auxiliary attachment for Hydroid.
CARCINUS SPEARGUN SKIN
Crash through your opponents like a tidal wave with this Speargun Skin.
SCYPH DIRIGA SKIN
Your Diriga embodies the jellyfish and its deadly sting with this Skin.
SCYPH SENTINEL MASK
A mask attachment for your Sentinel in the Scyph style.
SCYPH SENTINEL TAIL
A stylish tail attachment for your Sentinel in the Scyph style.
SCYPH SENTINEL WINGS
A pair of wings for your Sentinel in the Scyph style.
Daily Standing Cap Changes:
Daily Standing Cap changes have been made to grant a higher cap at each Mastery Rank. Upon starting Warframe at MR0, your Daily Standing Cap will start at 8500 and increase at more gradual increments per Mastery Rank. You will also now have access to a larger Daily Standing Cap at each Mastery Rank than in the previous system! This will take effect next Daily Reset.
|Mastery Rank Standing Cap||Previous||New|
Mission Summary/End of Mission Screen Changes & Fixes:
- Reordered various Rewards in the End of Mission screen:
- Syndicate Medallions now appear above Mods and Resources.
- Mods now always appear above Resources of the same rarity.
- Removed the sort by ‘Type’ since sorting by ‘Importance’ already does that in a more logical way.
- Updated the Conclave and Index scoreboard window with the new End of Mission screen style.
- Added “hide” button to the top left corner of the Mission Summary and End of Mission screen. Hover over the “eye” icon to hide the mission summary UI to get a clear shot of your surroundings if needed while reviewing stats mid-mission. This icon also removes the UI overal from the Warframe diorama in the backdrop in the End of Mission screen. Now you can take screenshots of your squad looking really really cool.
- The exit button will now pulse when it’s available upon returning to your Orbiter.
- Squad overlay now appears on the End of Mission results/screen in mission and after returning to the Orbiter.
- Pausing Warframe while previewing Mission results (Tab) now closes the Mission results before opening the Pause screen to avoid overlapping UI.
- We’ve added more Medals to the End of Mission screen related to:
- Life support Capsules and Modules / Excavator Powercells found
- Healing done
- Rescue Target found
- First to find Syndicate Medallion
- When returning from a Free Roam location to the respective Town (Plains -> Cetus, etc), the End of Mission screen will no longer stop player movement until after the initial animation ends.
- Reduced colored backer visibility with the quick view mission summary window (opened with Tab).
- Added new music to the End of Mission screen!
- Fixed Syndicate Medallion variants not being listed beside each other in the End of Mission Rewards section.
- Fixed End of Mission recap music not properly removing other music and sounds in the Orbiter when playing.
- Fixed the Kill Boss Medal in the End of Mission screen crediting Eximus and other VIP kills.
- Fixed the Kill Boss Medal not properly counting the Hyena Pack.
- Fixed the chosen End of Mission Reward sorting preference not carrying over multiple missions.
- Fixed the End of Mission screen overlapping with the Daily Tribute screen.
- Fixed Accuracy Medal double-counting Melee hits.
- Fixed several script errors with the End of Mission screen.
- Decreased Alt Fire ammo cost from 75 to 50.
- Increased lifetime of Alt Fire projectile from 0.095s to 0.12s
- Earn new Captura Scenes depicting haunting areas of The Cambion Drift and The Underground! Find these within the Entrati Syndicate!
- Added new Deimos Challenges:
- Kill 5 Juggernauts in Cambion Drift.
- Forbidden Fruit
- Collect 50 Ganglion from Haptic Frond.
- Bug Out Ride
- Ride 20 Velocipods.
- Kill It With Fire
- Burn 100 Infested pods.
- Added a new Precept Mod for Oxylus available from Simaris!
- Oxylus Sentinel will scan plants within 20m over 5s. This consumes Codex Scanner charges.
- Oxylus Sentinel will scan plants within 20m over 5s. This consumes Codex Scanner charges.
- Acolyte Mods have been redistributed into Entrati Bounties as we are sunsetting the rerunning of that event, however, it won’t be the last you see of Acolytes overall. Stay tuned for more!
- Mag’s Magnetize now has an added functionality as seen in the “Awakening” cinematic. Now, when Magnetize is held vs. tapped to cast, Mag creates and holds a Magnetize bubble in front of her that absorbs projectiles. Recast the ability to throw the absorbed damage in a cone back onto enemies. Mag can also walk while holding the bubble.
- Free Roam landscapes now have a custom icon in the Star Chart!
- Enemy Beacons are now disabled for Invasion missions due to numerous Beacon spawns not attacking you when used in an Invasion mission where you’re allied with the respective team.
- Improvements towards hair shading when Deferred Rendering is enabled.
- The Aero, Motus, and Proton Mod Sets now have unique Set Icons.
- Deimos nodes have been added into the mix for Sorties, Syndicate, and Void Fissure missions.
- You can now hold “X” and release it to dismount from K-Drive.
- Updated Athodai’s description to indicate that “headshot KILLS trigger Overdrive”.
- Removed some legacy system spec warnings from the Launcher.
- Choosing to contribute the maximum number of Syndicate Medallions will now round up to allow filling the Standing capacity instead of stopping short. Incrementing number of Medallion contributions and single Medallion contributions will now respect this limit.
- Changed the Fraggor Brok Skins “10% lower Channeling Efficiency” to “-1s Combo Duration”.
- Fixed a progression stopping crash in The War Within Quest due to having a Moa Companion equipped.
- Fixed inability to properly ‘hack the coolant tower’ in the final stage of the Vox Solaris Quest when playing in Solo matchmaking.
- Fixed a crash when shutting down Warframe while in the Liset Customization screen.
- Fixed a nasty hitch that would occur for Clients when streaming to a Free Roam level or warping in your Railjack.
- Fixed Resource Drop Chance Boosters not affecting Riven Slivers.
- Fixed a performance leak that could result in a crash due to the Terra Manker’s weapon FX never getting destroyed.
- Fixed Excavators hovering slightly off the ground in one of the Plains of Eidolon cave tiles.
- Fixed losing the ability to jump after equipping the Tranq Rifle while in Archwing.
- Fixed Steel Path Junction Specters missing their additional Health.
- Fixed the Xoris not appearing in your Warframe’s hand when performing a Stealth attack if it’s not the active/equipped weapon.
- Fixed a script error that could occur if you were downed while doing Conservation.
- Fixed missing context action when attempting to Wishlist a Market item when using a controller.
- Fixed a long-standing problem with Transmissions being gamma incorrect (colors/lighting did not resemble the actual scenes).
- Fixed issues where enemies would not attack Gara’s Spectorage mirrors.
- Fixed UI offset issue in Orb Vallis Case Capture Bounty stages.
- Fixed some tooltips with fixed positions being placed incorrectly when the custom Menu Scale slider is set to something other than 100%.
- Fixed certain Syandanas such as the Paxis Syandana jittering at lower frame rates while in the Liset, Dojos, and Relays.
- Fixed The Ballroom Simulacrum Arsenal context action clipping behind the Arsenal.
- Fixed UI lockup that could occur when viewing loadout links from Chat.
- Fixed file path appearing when upgrading Orbiter with the Kavat Incubator Segment. As reported here:https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1213371-english-missing-text-when-upgrading-a-ship-part/?do=embed
- Fixed file path appearing instead of Kuva Lich weapon names when a Lens is equipped to it in the End of Mission screen.
- Fixed Archguns disappearing in the Arsenal if the “Upgrade” option is selected.
- Fixed Chroma and Exaclibur with Chromatic Blade equipped missing the active element icon in the Appearance tab.
- Fixed blank field appearing between “Only Legendary” and “Show all” when filtering by “Rarity” in the Mods window.
- Fixed being unable to move, remove, or contribute to the “Natural Vallis Orb” Dojo Decoration once placed.
- Fixed the Vapos Dropship air attacks not happening in many of the Gas City tileset levels.
- Fixed certain rocks in the Nightwave Series 3: Episode 4 scene having lines on them.
- Fixed the Pool of Life Augment for Trinity no longer dropping Health Orbs on enemies marked by Well of Life.
- Fixed the “Play” button being enabled in the Launcher before it finishes downloading if it’s the first time you’ve launched it.
- Fixed tracking hints remaining visible when using Melee weapon to exit the Synthesis Scanner.
- Fixed crash when Host migrating from Conclave missions.
- Fixed being unable to use sliders in Options after swapping between tabs.
- Fixed text extending beyond backdrop in the Booster dropdown list.
- Fixed “Failed to Place Decoration” when attempting to move Dojo Decorations even if the attempted movement has nothing wrong with it.
- Fixed missing doors in Sabotage missions in the Grineer Settlement tileset.
- Fixed a white box appearing above the Stealth Affinity bonus icon.
- Fixed Chat header icons (Squad, Clan, Alliance etc) becoming stuck on the screen when mousing over them and entering text with the enter key.
- Fixed the right Maggor Leg Plate being rotated.
- Fixed delay with text popping up in rollover UI elements.
- Fixed up lighting props so that Gauss’ skirt doesn’t appear completely unlit in scenes that depend on ambient light.
- Fixed a case of the Vaults in the Derelict (now Deimos) not rewarding Corrupt mods.
- Fixed script error when attempting to change the lighting color of the Obstacle Course room in the Dojo.
- Fixed a script error with the Alliance View Permissions screen that caused nothing to be displayed.
- Fixed script error resulting in loss of functionality when attempting to rename a Zaw.
- Fixed script error related to Revenant’s Danse Macabre and the Dual Cestra.
- Fixed script error after host migration in an Excavation mission that could result in the mission not progressing.
- Fixed numerous script errors when casting certain Warframe Abilities.
- Fixed script error that could occur when doing endless Void Fissure missions.
- Fixed a rare and harmless script error when loading into the Orb Vallis.
- Fixed script error with the Atomos.
- Fixed a script error that could occur when opening the Clan Management screen.
Update Release Date and Time?
Update: Warframe official FB page posted that the update will arrive for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on the same day i.e. August 25.
Xaku will be released with the Heart of the Deimos update. The updated will drop on August 25, 2020, for PC, as usual updates will be delayed for PS4 and Xbox since their respective updates are sent for cert and released later on. Updates for consoles arrive within 2-3 weeks after the PC release, DE hasn’t published the date yet.
I will update this area with exact timing once I get more information. Usually, updates are pushed at around 1:00 PM EST.