Last Updated on February 9, 2021
Destiny 2’s newest season, Season of the Chosen, will drop on February 9th, and it promises a new story, truckloads of content, and a fresh season pass. Among the items up for grabs is the spanking new Ticuu’s Divination Exotic Bow, which promises to be a reward worth the grind.
How can you get this new weapon, and what are some items in store in the next update? Although we’ve only taken a peek at the new season and don’t know the exact item stats and full details, let’s look at what it offers:
(Disclaimer: we’ll update this article once we know more about the new season)
How to get Ticuu’s Divination Exotic Bow
Ticuu’s Divination Exotic Bow is Season of the Chosen’s level 100 battle pass reward. The only way to obtain it is to buy the season pass and grind until you’ve reached its max level.
Is it worth the grind?
It looks like it. Not only does the bow look amazing, but it’s also the perfect crowd control weapon. The bow can charge multiple solar arrows and aim at several targets at once.
Sure, it’ll be a challenging endeavor, but you’ll have many opportunities to do so, given that you’ll have access to quests, activities, and new Vanguard Strikes.
Praefectus armor set and exotics
Apart from the mighty bow, you can also collect other weapons and armor from the season pass and the new PvE content. Simply level up your season pass, and you’ll receive the Praefectus armor set, along with a plethora of new emotes, engrams, and weapons like the Solar Bow.
Moreover, there are also 25 new exotic items and ornaments you can acquire. Some of these include Trials weapons like the Pulse Rifle, Hand Cannon, Sword, and Nightfall Ordeal weapons like the Palindrome, Shadow Price, and Swarm.
A new empress, a new story
The Cabal is back with a new Empress, Caiatl. Without diving deep into spoilers, she’s the daughter of the then-exiled Emperor Calus, who ruled the Cabal before being usurped by Dominus Ghaul. She’s seeking an alliance to drive back the Darkness, but her definition of one requires humankind’s subservience, which is a no-no. And yes, this means the guardians will have to mobilize once again and challenge the new Cabal legions while battling the Darkness and the Hive that serves it.
The H.E.L.M. and Battlegrounds
The H.E.L.M stands for the Hub for Emergency and Logistics Maneuvers, a new social space for guardians. Located in the last city, this is where Zavala will be during the Season of the Chosen. It houses the War Table, which contains the Hammer of the Proving that serves as the loot and progression system. It will reward players with new resources and gear, enabling them to improve their overall equipment and experience.
In addition, the H.E.L.M. will also have its bespoke Postmaster, Vault, the new Prismatic Recaster, and Umbral Decoder. These will enable players to manage their inventories and open engrams without having to travel someplace else.
This new hub is where players will dive into the Battlegrounds, resulting from the failed treaty between Zavala and Caiatl. In a nutshell, fireteams of three players will jump in and fight against powerful Cabal champions and their companions in ritual combat.
New Vanguard Strikes
There are new Vanguard Strikes, and they’re all free for all players. These are:
- Devil’s Lair. Guardians must find the lone, exalted Servitor in the Cosmodrome that sustains the Fallen House of Devils.
- Fallen S.A.B.E.R. Players will come to the aid of AI Warmind Rasputin, who aired a call of help across the system.
- Proving Grounds. Here, the champions of humanity (AKA, the Guardians) will face the champions of the Cabal to determine the Last City’s fate.
Price and timeline
You can buy the Season of the Chosen pass on the “Seasons” tab of the Director map for 1000 silver, which is $10. It will start on February 9th and wrap up on May 11th. Here’s the current content timeline:
- February 9th – H.E.L.M., Behemoth and Hailstone Battlegrounds, Devil’s Lair, and S.A.B.E.R. will go online. Moreover, the Static Quests will begin.
- February 12th – Trials, where players can earn new weapons and armor, will begin.
- February 16th – the Cleansing Battleground will open.
- February 23rd – this date will usher in the Oracle Battleground opening and an Iron Banner event in the Crucible.
- March 23rd – Proving Grounds strike will open for season pass holders.
- April 13th – a new Iron Banner Crucible event will start.
- April 20th-May 9th – The Guardian Games, an event where all character classes will compete to see which is the most superior, will be held in this timeframe.
- May 7th-9th – The Guardian Games closing ceremony.
Now that you know how to get Ticuu’s Divination Bow and what the Season of the Chosen holds, will you buy the season pass? Regardless if you do so or otherwise, there’s plenty of new content in store in this latest Destiny 2 update, which we’ll also talk about in future posts.
So, what do you think of the new season? Please let us know down in the comments!