Heavy Caliber increases the damage dealt by primary weapons. Heavy Caliber is a corrupted mod which reduces the accuracy by 55% at rank 10 while dealing +165% more damage. This can be used along with serration to deal more damage.
Combined with Serration, the primary weapon can deal 330% damage when both of the mods are maxed. But Heavy Caliber requires 2 more mod power for providing the same damage buff. This can be pushed further with the addition of elemental and faction based mods.
The negative effect of this mod can be somewhat decreased using Guided Ordnance.
- Polarity – V (Madurai)
- Rarity – Rare
- Dropped By – Orokin Vault
How to Farm Heavy Caliber
Heavy Caliber can be obtained from the Orokin Vault that requires a dragon key. The dragon keys can be obtained from the Clan and they require 1 minute to be crafted.
Best way to farm? – It is recommended to take all 4 dragon keys while running the Derelict Assassinate mission (Bleeding Key, Decaying Key, Extinguished Key, Hobbled Key). It took around 10 runs for me to obtain this mod.
Some Questions asked on forums
- How badly does Heavy Caliber affect Boltor Prime? – It doesn’t actually affect much when it comes to the Boltor P, when you compare what it does to the Soma Prime.
- How much does this mod cost? – You can get it for around 25-30p using warframe.market
- Is heavy caliber a waste? – For rifles like Synoid Simulor, Quanta, Opticor, Ignis, Amprex, Flux Rifle, & Glaxion.
- Heavy Caliber of Synoid Simulor? – This mod doesn’t affect the Simulor since it is not much of an accuracy kind of rifle.
Weapons that are not affected:
- Flux Rifle
- Synoid Simulor
- Quanta Vandal
All articles written on the website are my own. There might be a few mistakes as well since English is not my first language. Thank you very much for visiting Warframe.Today. 🙂