Best Melee, Primary, Secondary Weapon in Warframe – When you start the game, you are recommended a lot of weapons. This is very confusing for the people who have just gotten into the game. Talking about weapons, I would say you shouldn’t focus too much in the higher tier ones, because they are tied to higher Mastery Rank.
Keeping things aside, let’s find out what are the weapons you should be playing with right away
Important Tip: There are meta weapons, there are fun weapons. I have added a section at the end of this article that covers a few fun weapons that can deal damage and fun to use. The point here is that Warframe is a game, it is important to have fun while playing, if running the meta weapons is your thing, then go for it.
How To Find What’s Best for me?
I’ve already listed a few good weapons that you can start with. But the right way to find out would be using a weapon, modding it correctly and finding out if it suits your playstyle. Don’t put a catalyst on every weapon you are starting with though.
Best Beginner Weapons
Best Beginner weapons in Warframe for Mastery Rank 1-5 would be.
- Melee: Nikana Prime (MR 4) – Insane damage output, and with the right mod combination you can melt enemies of level 100 without any problems. You can also use Tipedo or Atterax both are good enough to carry you to high-level content.
- Primary: Ignis is one of the best early-game weapons that doesn’t require any aiming and can clear rooms very easily. If you are Red Crit Damage lover, then Amprex should be your choice (Amprex is MR10 weapon after the release of Hotfix 22.13.3). If you don’t like any of these go for the Assault rifles such as Grakata, Karak or Boltor.
- Secondary: Atomos, Lex and Lato are pretty good beginner secondary weapons. Though, you should not focus too much on secondaries for a while since there are not many good ones for the beginners. You can obtain powerful crit/status pistols later on when you reach higher MR.
- Shotgun: Kohm and Hek are two amazing beginner warframe shotguns that a low MR player can use. Both Kohm and Hek blueprints can be obtained from the Warframe Market.
Update: Removed Synoid Simulor from the list after the nerf. It used to be the strongest elemental weapon in Warframe.
Best Warframe Weapons
Below are a few weapons that are end-game viable and can be used for any faction
Best Primary / Shotguns
- Soma Prime (MR6) – Hands down the best automatic rifle in the game that can be obtained easily using the
Twitch Prime loot pack.
- Sybaris Prime – Best Crit/Status Primary out there. If you have been playing this game for a long time, you must know by now that CC/Status is always better.
- Ignis Wraith (MR9) – This flamethrower melts all the enemies within seconds. Combined with a heat and a CC+CD melee, this weapon can be used for fighting with even enemies of level +150 without any issues.
- Tigris Prime (MR13) – Tigris Prime is an End Game Weapon and cannot be obtained before getting MR13. Tigris Prime has the highest base damage compared to any weapon in the game.
- Vaykor Hek (MR12 shotgun) – Vaykor Hek can be obtained from Steel Meridian, this is a better version of the Hek variant. Boasts a better rate of fire, crit chance, and double mag capacity.
- Arca Plasmor (MR12 Semi-Auto Shotgun) – Corpus shotgun that shoots damaging pulses of Radiation that guarantees impact procs. Good enough for enemies upto level 80. You can obtain Arca Plasmor from the Energy lab in the dojo.
- Kohm (MR5 Shotgun) – Kohm is a hold-trigger shotgun that fires full-auto, each following shot with adds an additional pellet to the next shot. This is one of my favorite shotguns that can reach 100 status if you have the right riven mod.
Best Pistol / Secondary in Warframe
All the websites out there will mention many of the Primaries without knowing much. I myself have put up 4000 hours in this game and I know what I am talking about.
image credit: Zilaria on Youtube
- Pandero – One of the best CC + CD pistol in the game. 100% end-game viable and can destroy every enemy in the star chart with a couple of bullets.
- Aklex Prime – The dual-wielding Aklex pistol, deals a lot of damage and extremely fun to use. Can be obtained using the weekly relics that Baro Ki’Teer brings.
- Sicarus Prime – After the latest buff to this pistol, it outclasses all the pistols in the game.
You can obtain riven mods for both of these for cheap and try your luck with rerolling. These weapons are insane and can even outclass most of the Primaries.
Best Sniper in Warframe
- Rubico Prime – High impact damage-dealing sniper, good for enemies with shields. Rubico has the highest base critical damage compared to all snipers.
- Vectis Prime – Amazing for removing armor from high-level enemies. Vectis Prime is the best status sniper.
- Lanka – Lanka’s charged shot has the highest base damage of all snipers in the game. If modded correctly this sniper can be put to good use, especially when eidolon hunting.
Best Melee in Warframe
- Galatine Prime – Best Heavy Sword in the game. Takes the right build to make it perfect, but turns amazing once you stack kills with the Blood Rush + Berkserker build.
- Atterax – Best spin to win whip in the game. The best part is it being MR2 only.
- War – Not easy to obtain, but once you get it, there’s no going back.
- Nikana Prime – High crit melee weapon, end game viable.
- Orthos Prime – Introduced way back in Update 9.0, this weapon still shreds enemies, has high range and high damage. I still to this day use it and if you have maiming strike, you can slide your way to victory.
Best Bow Weapon in Warframe
- Rakta Cernos (Red Veil Syndicate) – Rakta Cernos is the fastest firing bow in the game. It also has the syndicate proc that restores energy. Requires MR12 to obtain, you can trade with other tennos if you are not affiliated with Red Veil.
- Dread (Stalker Bow) – Deals a large amount of slash based damage, highest critical chance tied with Lenz which is the third-best bow in our list. You cannot farm for this thing though since it’s only dropped on stalker death.
- Lenz – Base crit chance of 50% and deals blast damage on each shot. Lenz is the highest damage dealer compared to all bows in the game, but you might blow yourself up time-to-time (because of the blast damage).
One thing that I would like to add after this list is that you can make many other bow weapons end-game viable using Rivens. I use Zhuge as my main bow whenever I am running low/mid-level missions.
So you listed a lot of weapons here, which one is the best and which one should I use?
This question is a little flawed. If you are starting out it might be difficult for you to use any good weapon since most of those are tied to higher mastery ranks.
On Special-Request I am adding a few more sections in this article. These are some weapons that I remember being good enough for the assigned job. There can be more, but these are the only ones I remember off the top of my head.
- Best Weapons for Multi kills – If you are looking to kill hordes of enemies then I would recommend you to use: Amprex, Ignis Wraith, Atomos, Nukor (with Riven), Galatine Prime, Heavy Blade Zaw, Catchmoon-Chamber Kitgun.
- Weapons for Killing Tanky Enemies – Tigris Prime, Vaykor Hek, Vectis Prime, Redeemer Prime, Tombfinder-chamber Kitgun. You can also use any dagger weapon with the Covert Lethality mod for one-shot finishers. You can also use Boar Prime, Akstiletto Prime or any high-status weapon for Armor stripping. I am currently using Kohm with a status riven which strips armor immediately.
- Best CC Weapons for Clearing Rooms – Ignis Wraith, Synoid Simulor with Mirage, Sonicor and Zenistar (with Sacrificial Pressure and Sacrificial Steel Build)
There are a few weapons in the game which can’t handle high-level missions, but thanks to riven mods offering up to +300% damage, now you can use them.
These are the end-game/beginner weapons that you can grab in Warframe. If you need to know more do let us know using the comment section below.
All articles written on the website are my own. There might be a few mistakes as well since English is not my first language. Thank you very much for visiting Warframe.Today. :)