Best Melee, Primary, Secondary Weapon in Warframe – When you start the game, you are recommended a lot of weapons. This is very confusing for the people who have just gotten into the game. Talking about weapons, I would say you shouldn’t focus too much in the higher tier ones, because they are tied to higher Mastery Rank.
Keeping things aside, let’s find out what are the weapons you should be playing with right away.
I am working on updating this list with 2021 standards, this might take around a week or two.
Important Tip: There are meta weapons, there are fun weapons. I have added a section at the end of this article that covers a few fun weapons that can deal damage and fun to use. The point here is that Warframe is a game, it is important to have fun while playing, if running the meta weapons is your thing, then go for it.
How To Find What’s Best for me?
I’ve already listed a few good weapons that you can start with. But the right way to find out would be using a weapon, modding it correctly and finding out if it suits your playstyle. Don’t put a catalyst on every weapon you are starting with though.
Best Beginner Weapons
Best Beginner weapons in Warframe for Mastery Rank 1-5 would be.
- Melee: Nikana Prime (MR 4) – Insane damage output, and with the right mod combination you can melt enemies of level 100 without any problems. You can also use Tipedo or Atterax both are good enough to carry you to high-level content.
- Primary: Ignis is one of the best early-game weapons that doesn’t require any aiming and can clear rooms very easily. If you are Red Crit Damage lover, then Amprex should be your choice (Amprex is MR10 weapon after the release of Hotfix 22.13.3). If you don’t like any of these go for the Assault rifles such as Grakata, Karak or Boltor.
- Secondary: Atomos, Lex and Lato are pretty good beginner secondary weapons. Though, you should not focus too much on secondaries for a while since there are not many good ones for the beginners. You can obtain powerful crit/status pistols later on when you reach higher MR.
- Shotgun: Kohm and Hek are two amazing beginner warframe shotguns that a low MR player can use. Both Kohm and Hek blueprints can be obtained from the Warframe Market.
Update: Removed Synoid Simulor from the list after the nerf. It used to be the strongest elemental weapon in Warframe.
Best Primary Warframe Weapons
Below are a few weapons that are end-game viable and can be used for any faction
Best Primary / Shotguns
Note: Snipers are also primaries, we’ve added them in this section. A separate article with builds will be posted shortly.
- Soma Prime (MR6) – Hands down the best automatic rifle in the game that can be obtained easily using the
Twitch Prime loot pack.
- Sybaris Prime – Best Crit/Status Primary out there. If you have been playing this game for a long time, you must know by now that CC/Status is always better.
- Ignis Wraith (MR9) – This flamethrower melts all the enemies within seconds. Combined with the heat and a CC+CD melee, this weapon can be used for fighting with even enemies of level +150 without any issues.
- Tigris Prime (MR13) – Tigris Prime is an End Game Weapon and cannot be obtained before getting MR13. Tigris Prime has the highest base damage compared to any weapon in the game.
- Vaykor Hek (MR12 shotgun) – Vaykor Hek can be obtained from Steel Meridian, this is a better version of the Hek variant. Boasts a better rate of fire, crit chance, and double mag capacity.
- Arca Plasmor (MR12 Semi-Auto Shotgun) – Corpus shotgun that shoots damaging pulses of Radiation that guarantees impact procs. Good enough for enemies up to level 80. You can obtain Arca Plasmor from the Energy lab in the dojo.
- Kohm/Kuva Kohm (MR5 Shotgun) – Kohm is a hold-trigger shotgun that fires full-auto, each following shot with adds an additional pellet to the next shot. This is one of my favorite shotguns that can reach 100 status if you have the right riven mod. The Kuva variant is even more powerful.
- Trumna (MR13) – Trumna is an Orokin weapon that is designed by the Entrati. This is a fully automatic rifle that fires explosive bullets. Charges are built upon getting kills that fuel an alternate fire mode which bounces high explosive grenades.
- Bubonico (MR13) – Started playing with it recently and its a lot of fun since its not a traditional shotgun. Bubonico is an Infested Shotgun that launches a barrage of Toxin blasts. It also has an alternate fire mode that shoots three explosive viral shots in a burst. This is a true end-game weapon as it has both high crit and status chance.
Best Pistol / Secondary in Warframe
All the websites out there will mention many of the secondaries without knowing much. I myself have put up 4000 hours in this game and I know what I am talking about. However, this doesn’t mean that these will be the right options for you, you can always use the comment section below to tell me about your favourites.
image credit: Zilaria on Youtube
- Kuva Nukor – The normal Nukor is one of my most used pistol in the game, just because it’s really fun to use. The Kuva variant is the more powerful one.
- Pyrana Prime – A High slash pistol that can deal a lot of damage. On top of that, if you get three kills in quick succession, second ethereal Pyrana appears for a short time.
- Pandero – One of the best CC + CD pistol in the game. 100% end-game viable and can destroy every enemy in the star chart with a couple of bullets.
- Acceltra – Acceltra is gauss’s signature weapon. A solid crit pistol that can take down enemies in a jiffy.
- Sicarus Prime – After the latest buff to this pistol, it outclasses most of the pistols in the game. Not very fun to use, just a basic point and shoot weapon.
- Aklex Prime – The dual-wielding Aklex pistol, deals a lot of damage and extremely fun to use. Can be obtained using the weekly relics that Baro Ki’Teer brings.
You can obtain riven mods for both of these for cheap and try your luck with rerolling. These weapons are insane and can even outclass most of the Primaries.
I’d like to give a special mention to weapons such as Nukor, Sonicor, Staticor, Pox, Atomos, and Spira Prime. These are not exactly end-game weapons but are really fun to use. Use the Warframe Trading Channel to buy a riven for them and you’ll enjoy a lot.
Best Sniper in Warframe
- Rubico Prime – High impact damage-dealing sniper, good for enemies with shields. Rubico has the highest base critical damage compared to all snipers.
- Vectis Prime – Amazing for removing armor from high-level enemies. Vectis Prime is the best status sniper.
- Lanka – Lanka’s charged shot has the highest base damage of all snipers in the game. If modded correctly this sniper can be put to good use, especially when eidolon hunting.
Best Melee in Warframe
- Nikana Prime – High crit melee weapon, end game viable.
- Orthos Prime – Introduced way back in Update 9.0, this weapon still shreds enemies, has a high range and high damage. I still to this day use it and if you have maiming strike, you can slide your way to victory.
- Lesion – Lesion is a high-status polearm that I’ve been using for a long time. It has good range and is perfectly end-game viable. To craft it you need to purchase the blueprint from the market, you also need a fully crafted Tipedo.
- Gram Prime – Released with the Chroma Prime access, this heavy blade has a base crit and status chance of 32%. With the right build, this weapon can take down any enemy in the game.
- Galatine Prime – Best Heavy Sword in the game. Takes the right build to make it perfect, but turns amazing once you stack kills with the Blood Rush + Berkserker build.
- War – Not easy to obtain, but once you get it, there’s no going back.
Update 30/12/2020 – Removed Atterax because of the Maiming Strike nerf.
Best Bow Weapon in Warframe
- Rakta Cernos (Red Veil Syndicate) – Rakta Cernos is the fastest firing bow in the game. It also has the syndicate proc that restores energy. Requires MR12 to obtain, you can trade with other tennos if you are not affiliated with Red Veil.
- Dread (Stalker Bow) – Deals a large amount of slash based damage, highest critical chance tied with Lenz which is the third-best bow in our list. You cannot farm for this thing though since it’s only dropped on stalker death.
- Lenz – Base crit chance of 50% and deals blast damage on each shot. Lenz is the highest damage dealer compared to all bows in the game, but you might blow yourself up time-to-time (because of the blast damage).
One thing that I would like to add after this list is that you can make many other bow weapons end-game viable using Rivens. I use Zhuge as my main bow whenever I am running low/mid-level missions.
So you listed a lot of weapons here, which one is the best and which one should I use?
This question is a little flawed. If you are starting out it might be difficult for you to use any good weapon since most of those are tied to higher mastery ranks. Also, the weapons listed here are best in my opinion, so they might not work for you, right away. You can try all the weapons mentioned in the list and check if you like using them. If you are a straight-up DPS guy, just use the best in the category and you’ll be good to go.
Best in Category?
- Best Primary – Kuva Kohm
- Best Secondary – Kuva Nukor
- Best Melee – Orthos Prime/Nikana Prime/Gram Prime
There are a few weapons in the game which can’t handle high-level missions, but thanks to riven mods offering up to +300% damage, now you can use them.
These are the end-game/beginner weapons that you can grab in Warframe. If you need to know more do let us know using the comment section below.