Last Updated on November 13, 2022
Destiny 2 Season of Arrival update is dropping now, update your game right away. The update is called 2.9.0, the servers are offline now for planned maintenance to ship the new season which you’ll be able to play soon.
Bungie also announced the new expansion that is coming in September, which will be called Beyond Light. Bungie dropped some light on the problems regarding maintaining a game this big, to cope up with this problem they will be introducing a vault, which will be used to retire things that are old.
Destiny 2 Patch Notes Update 2.9.0
Destiny 2 Update 2.9.0 will become available next week, meaning we have a pile of patch notes to get through. Let’s take a quick moment to look through some of the changes.
Eververse – A few TWAB’s back, we talked about the future of Eververse, and how we’re making changes to some reward structures to better balance gameplay rewards with Eververse content. Season of [REDACTED] will contain a few introductory changes, with more shifts coming in Season 12. The following changes will become available next week:
- Legendary Armor Ornaments
- As noted in a previous TWAB, we have shifted the Season 11 armor offering to be a gameplay reward for aspirational content.
- The Season of Opulence “Intrepid” Ornament sets are returning to the storefront.
- Season Pass
- Added an additional 2300 Bright Dust to the Season Pass.
- Bright Dust Purchases
- Added a “Flair” section to feature Shaders and Spawn FX.
- Highly requested items from previous Seasons will once again be available.
- We’re looking at you, Wishes of Sorrow.
- We will once again communicate Season 11 Silver-only items at the beginning of the Season.
We’re expecting to have an update later in Season 11 on further changes to Bright Dust acquisition, so keep your eyes peeled.
- The Powerful Friends armor mod will no longer stack. If multiple copies of this mod are equipped, the mods will provide no bonus stats.
- Developer Commentary:
- Only Solar Seasonal mods are intended to stack. No part of Arc mods are intended to have stacking functionality.
- Powerful Friends granted +20 to Mobility, which players could leverage to get three stat columns to the max of 100 points. The mod is not priced sufficiently to justify its benefits, and increasing its cost would have adverse effects on its primary benefit usage.
- Season 11 introduces a new Arc mod, granting a similar stat bonus to Strength and will not stack.
- Developer Commentary:
- Enhanced Auto Rifle Loader, Enhance Fusion Rifle Loader, and Enhanced Bow Loader armor mods now have a chance to drop from pinnacle mod sources.
Raid RewardsThe following raid Exotics now have increased drop chances:
- One Thousand Voices
- Always on Time (Exotic Sparrow from secret chest in Scourge of the Past)
NOTE: Drop chance begins at 10% and increases to a max of 50% over 20 clears.
- Additional Masterwork material rewards now drop at 3, 5, and 7 Trials wins.
- Added a Trials weekly bounty which unlocks Trials Engrams on Saint-14.
- The bounty reward will match the Win 3 Milestone reward of the week.
- Trials Tokens distribution has been rebalanced to focus on wins 3, 5, and 7 of a Trials Passage.
- This includes repeat Passages.
- Trials Tokens are no longer awarded from match completions.
- Tokens are now granted specifically through wins and bounties.
- Passage of Wealth now doubles the bonus Trials Tokens earned at 3, 5 and 7 Trials wins.
These patch notes will be updated once the full update has commenced. Make sure you bookmark this page to come back later on.